Wednesday, April 1, 2009

National Poetry Month

Along with rain showers (and early flowers) April brings us National Poetry Month. One way to honor the month is to participate in napowrimo, or National Poetry Writing Month, where the goal is to write a poem a day. I have tried this in past years--it is a challenge but also a wonderful exercise. After all, the more you write, the more you find you have to say, and the better you learn to say it. The site readwritepoem discusses napowrimo further and gives an exercise for today here.

Another way to celebrate poetry this month is to read it! Sites where you can get your poetry fix include:
Poetry Daily
American Life in Poetry
The Writer's Almanac

2 comments:

Hazardgal said...

I'll have to check this out. Visit Muse Mountain, my blogspot blog. From one Kentuckian to another... I love your hip blog.

Andrea said...

Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely check out your site. Cheers--