Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pink for October

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.

It is a reminder to show my love for the women in my life. It is a reminder to love myself. It is a reminder that we are ultimately responsible for our own health, for listening to our bodies, for caring for our bodies by practicing regular self-exams and scheduling annual mammograms at age 40+ (or earlier depending on your physician's recommendation). It is a reminder to educate myself, that I still have a lot to learn. It is a reminder to believe a cure is possible.

My mother lived her life with faith, gave her love unabashedly, and left behind hope.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Your mother is beautiful.

I say is because it somehow seems like the right time frame.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sherry.

Abbie Groves said...

this is a great picture.