Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In Memoriam

Cyd Charisse, dancing star of such musicals as "Brigadoon" and "The Band Wagon," died yesterday.

I have fond memories of watching these musicals and others with my Dad in high school. Never mind the often silly, redundant plots and poor segues from talking to singing and dancing; the best musicals lightened my heart.

On a side note, seniors at my high school could get parking spots with short names spray painted over the spot (yes, I went to a pretentious high school, sometimes dubbed Gucci High). My spot said Cyd.

Here's a clip from "The Band Wagon."

2 comments:

Sherry said...

That one goes on my Netflix queue.

Sonny boy says now he's left home, his dad and I can watch all the old musicals we want. Though I'll admit that the ones I watch are usually older.

Trivial obsession -- how come Fred Astaires buttoned jacket never seemed to bind or ride up in this entire very athletic number?

Andrea said...

LOL...tape, must be lots of tape.